If you’ve recently made the decision to follow Christ for the rest of your life or have been walking with Jesus for a while and just don’t know what to do next, we can help! We would love to come alongside you as you continue growing in relationship with Christ.
If you have questions, we’d love to help you in your discovery process. Please visit or contact us.
How to Accept Jesus Into Your Life
The Bible says there is one way to Heaven. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” (John 14:6) This one way is to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior and follow God’s plans for our life which are laid out in the Bible.
Good works cannot save you. Faith in Jesus alone can save you.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Trust Jesus Christ today! Here’s what you must do.
1 Admit that you are a sinner and that you need God’s help.
- “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23)
- “Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned” (Romans 5:12)
- “If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.” (1 John 1:10)
2 Be willing to change your mind and turn from your sin (repent).
- Jesus said: “I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:5)
3 Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
- “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
- “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
- “That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
4 Through prayer, invite Jesus into your heart to become your personal Lord and Savior.
- “For with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.” (Romans 10:10)
- “For whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
- Dear God, I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to change and turn from my sin. I now invite Jesus Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Savior.
- “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.” (John 1:12)
- “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
6 If you have received Jesus Christ as your Savior, as a Christian you should:
7 Read your Bible every day to get to know Christ better. Read the Holy Bible, the guide and tool to kindness and the right path to eternal life. If you encounter questions, resolve them by asking someone at your church to help you with them.
- “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
- “Your word is a lamp to my feet. And a light to my path.” (Psalms 119:105)
8 Talk to God in prayer every day.
- “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:22)
- “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (Philippians 4:6)
- “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.” (Romans 10:17)
9 Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority on everything.
- “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19)
- “Not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.” (Hebrews 10:25)
- “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16)
10 Tell others about Christ.
- “And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” (Mark 16:15)
- “For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel.” (1 Corinthians 9:16)
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)
- Please let Congregation Pastor Jonathan Westfall know so he can support you and help you get plugged-in to the body of Christ to be discipled.
email@example.com(253) 973-0573 cell
Bible Reading & Study
Get a free Bible for your phone, tablet, and computer along with Bible reading plans and Bible studies at Bible.com.
Bible study resources at Navigators.
For more information on how to become a Christion, read the Bridge to Life.